Welcoming a new cat or dog into your home is a big decision! We are honored that you have chosen ACS to help bring unlimited amounts of joy to you and your family. ACS is an organization that truly believes in the human and animal bond. We strive to provide the best possible care to all our animals prior to adoption so they can begin their new start happy and healthy! Here are a few reasons why you should adopt from us.
Adopt One. Open a kennel to save another!
As a no-kill shelter, ACS provides second chances to Kentucky animals in need. Most of our animals come from our community members who aren’t able to care for their pets anymore or are at an overcrowded shelter and at risk for euthanasia. ACS has limited space and when you adopt from ACS, you open the doors for an animal in need to have a second chance.
ACS provides high quality medical care. All of our dogs & cats are fully vetted at the time of adoption.
- All dogs and cats will be spayed or neutered prior to going home after adoption.
- All animals receive age-appropriate vaccinations. If you are adopting a pet under the age of 18 weeks, you may be required to provide additional booster vaccinations.
- All animals will have received a one-year rabies vaccination.
- All animals receive complete deworming, heartworm testing (canine), FIV & FeLV testing (felines), and monthly preventatives while in our care.
- Each animal is microchipped and the pet is registered for free at the time of adoption.
- All animals will go home with a transitional bag of food and starter kit!
Our support doesn’t stop once you adopt! ACS staff will be there to answer any questions you have regarding transitioning a pet into your home. We are here to ensure that adopting from us is successful!