Animal Care Society has over three decades experience of finding loving and permanent homes for our furry friends. We firmly believe living with a pet is one of the most rewarding experiences in life. ACS’s hope that each animal in our facility will find a permanent, healthy, and loving home that suits both the animal and the adopting family. We work hard to ensure that the animal being adopted is the puur-fect fit for you, your family, and the pet.
To adopt from ACS, you must:
- Submit an adoption application. This application must be reviewed and approved by ACS staff prior to adoption.
- Provide a valid picture ID (State ID or Driver’s License) at the time of the adoption.
- ACS requires everyone who lives in the prospective adopter’s home (family members, roommates, etc.) to meet prior to adoption.
- If adopting a dog, ACS requires a meet and greet at the shelter with any dog you currently own or that the adopted dog will visit with frequently.
- ACS will verify home ownership. If you rent, you will be required to provide your landlord’s contact information or a rental agreement showing you are allowed to have pets.
ACS reserves the right to deny an adoption, at our discretion.
Once you have submitted an application (online or in person) we encourage you to come into the shelter to visit the pet you are interested in adopting. ACS often receives more than one application on a particular animal. An adoption application does not reserve the animal for you. If an animal has multiple approved applications, and all potential adopters have met the animal, the adopter whose application was received first shall be approved for adoption. Staff will recommend other animals with similar qualities/personalities to the other approved adopter(s).Click Here to Fill Out An Adoption Application